MESSIR-AERO Main Functions
MESSIR-AERO automatically produces meteorological flight folders as required by ICAO Annex 3 (“Meteorological Service for International Air Navigation”):
- Forecasts for take-off
- Forecasts for upper wind and upper-air temperature, upper-air humidity, geopotential altitude of flight levels, flight level and temperature of tropopause, direction, speed and flight level of maximum wind, SIGWX (Significant weather) phenomena
- METAR, SPECI, TAF for the airport of departure, airport of destination, en-route and destination alternate airports
- SIGMET information and appropriate special air-reports relevant to the whole route
- Compliance with ICAO Annex 3 and latest amendments
- OPMET data, text as well as BUFR and XML : METAR, TAF, SPECI, SIGMET, AIRMET…
- Implements the WMO/ICAO Aviation Data Exchange Model AvXML for ingesting and storing OPMET data received as XML
- WAFS data received from WAFC London through the SADIS satellite broadcast or from SADIS Secure FTP server
- WAFS data received from WAFC Washington through the WIFS (World Area Forecast System Internet File Service) webcast
- METAR / TAF colour codes for easy monitoring of regional conditions
- Audio and visual alerts upon reception of urgent advisories: Volcanic Ash, Cyclone Advisories…
- GRIB/GRIB2 forecast charts: Wind, temperature, humidity, pressure, tropopause height, icing, turbulence, CAT, CBs…
- Vertical cross section along the flight path
- Medium and High level SIGWX forecast charts from BUFR and PNG image data
- Automatic generation of SIGWX charts from BUFRs, on ICAO standard areas as well as on user-defined specific geographical areas (via the MESSIR-ImageMaker module)
- Automatic generation of Wind-Temp charts from GRIBs, on ICAO standard areas as well as on user-defined specific geographical areas
- TAF verification including automatic comparison with METAR and alerts triggering
- Message editing and quality control. Message entry forms for TAF, METAR, SIGMET…
- Possible access through Web Portal
- Remote sensing Imagery (Satellite, Radar, Wind shear, Lightning impacts) integration
- Automatic preparation of flight folders from FPL messages received via AFTN or AMHS
- Auto-archiving of flight folders according to ICAO regulations
- Export GRIB data to AIS system with possibility to convert GRIB2 data to GRIB1 format for ensuring compatibility with legacy AIS systems
- Map generator allowing for standard re-projections and including various layers: airports locations, digital elevation model, FIRs, waypoints, NAVAIDS…
MESSIR-AERO Strong Points
- Large field experience, Great Reputation: MESSIR-AERO is the most used SADIS / WIFS / WAFS software with 390 systems installed in more than 95 countries.
- Compliance with standards. MESSIR-AERO is compliant with the ICAO Annex 3 and latest amendments. MESSIR-AERO is compliant with all functionalities as defined by the SADIS Operations Group (SADISOPSG) (evaluation conducted by the UK Met Office)
- Compliant with GRIB2. GRIB2 data is decoded by MESSIR-AERO to produce standard aviation forecast charts.
- Ease of use: MESSIR-AERO is very easy to use. Pilots may use it themselves. Only 3 mouse clicks are required on MESSIR-AERO to display or print a complete flight folder. In addition to daily use for MET briefing, MESSIR-AERO set-up and administration are also very user-friendly.
- Scalability: MESSIR-AERO is available in a light “stand-alone” configuration made of a simple PC connected to SADIS or WIFS. MESSIR-AERO is also available in powerful client / server configurations made of central duplicated Servers, several workstations and interfaces to third-party systems. In that case, MESSIR-AERO can be ideally completed with other COROBOR Products such as MESSIR-COMM, MESSIR-NET, MESSIR-VISION, MESSIR-XBASE.