- High-performance wind measurement set
- Long and successful track record in meteorological
- Accurate wind speed and direction measurement
- Low measurement starting threshold
- Conical anemometer cups provide excellent linearity
- Heated shaft prevents bearings from freezing
Sensitive Wind Vane
The WAV151 is a counter-balanced, low-threshold, optoelectronic wind vane. Infrared LEDs and phototransistors are mounted on six orbits on each side of a 6-bit GRAY-coded disc. Turned by the vane, the disc creates changes in the code received by the phototransistors. The output code resolution is ±2.8°.
Heated Bearings Withstand Cold Weather
Heating elements in the shaft tunnels of both the anemometer and vane keep the bearings above freezing in cold climates.
Complete Package Available
The anemometer and vane are designed to be mounted on Vaisala crossarms. The WHP151 power supply provides the operating and heating power needed for the WA15. The power supply, as well as the signal and power cables are available as options